POST: JUNIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
I am thrilled to announce that Rincey Philip Interiors is hiring! After much thought, prayer, and consideration, we have decided to expand our small team of four and link arms with someone who will add value to each other’s lives and our business. Rincey Philip Interiors has grown so much over the past seven and a half years; we are excited to move forward into the next phase of our business. Now that we are at maximum capacity, we are at the place where the workload is beyond our current ability. We have created a full time position of a Junior Interior Designer. This position has so much potential to grow and we are eagerly looking forward into the exciting future!
Since 2013, we’ve helped our clients turn their houses into memorable, extraordinary and highly functional homes. We are focused on exceptional interior design, new builds, renovations and makeovers that create a true sense of place. Based in Dubai, you will find our clients in UAE and beyond. We pride ourselves on our reputation of professionalism, taste, resourcefulness and attention to detail. We execute exceptional design while providing our clients with an exciting and joy-filled experience!
We are seeking a Junior Interior Designer who can run projects from start to finish, executing and overseeing every step to complete each project. This is a role for a self-starter who feels completely comfortable working closely with Rincey, our Creative Director, on the execution process of all the design projects. Rincey will provide training and mentoring on the processes, organizational systems and the basic business structure to support your focus on execution of Rincey’s design ideas. This is a unique opportunity to learn and take big strides in responsibilities within the framework of a small design team.
What else do we expect as a pre-requisite / Minimum Qualifications?
What can your daily work life look like?
AutoCAD and 3D:
- Working on AutoCAD and 3D renderings. Plans, Elevations, Architectural Layouts, Furniture layouts and Furniture shop drawings and 3D drawings.
- Perform site documentation – taking photos and detailed measurements of the site.
- Working on excel and BOQ’s: Preparation of detailed BOQ’s to manage project budgets, sourcing of materials and project execution.
- Adhere to and maintain the existing client file system in an organized manner.
- Corresponding with vendors. Receiving and reviewing/comparing proposals and their deliverables by identifying the best fit for our various projects. Coordinating with vendors to ensure that the final deliverables are as per the approved samples and shop drawings. Design direction will be given by Rincey and within the design specifications the same has to be facilitated.
- Review shop drawings and work with vendors and trades to ensure the desired vision.
- Communicate project guidelines and site expectations to vendors and trades. Oversee deliveries and installations for design vision and quality control.
- Oversee purchasing and expediting.
- Create punch list and see project through to completion.
Site inspection & Factory Visits:
- Ensuring that the quality of work assigned to the workers are delivered. This could be overseeing site work on a full day capacity, whenever applicable. Visiting the factory to ensure that the quality of the ongoing manufacturing of the products are within the design specifications and specified quality. Help to analyze and resolve complex, technical design and installation issues at site.
Scheduling, shopping & deliveries:
- Scheduling appointments, scheduling deliveries from vendors, shopping and purchase of selected furniture and accessories. Collecting and delivering samples to vendors and clients.
Sourcing & design:
- Under the design direction of Rincey, you may be required to source furniture and accessories and assist in the design of the spaces. Designing includes working on both conceptual design and detailed design.
Marketing and Business Development:
- You will be also working on small marketing projects such as updating social media, blogs, website and newsletters, filming and editing of short marketing videos. Training and direction will be provided for this.
Managing Project Process Workflows:
- Ensuring the smooth functioning and completion of projects. Good communication of the same to Rincey Philip is a must. Our process are already well defined, hence you would only need to ensure that the work is progressing well in the right direction.
- Review work and provide performance feedback on what excellence looks like. Provide clear, proactive, direct, frequent communication and interface with Rincey and the team members.
Logistics and Work Timings:
– This is a full time position.
– You will be working either with Rincey in person in studio or online from your home.
– Position to begin as effective immediately, if chosen.
– For 6 months, you may have a 55 hours workweek with timings Saturday to Thursday, 8am – 6:30pm. (Studio is closed on Fridays). This is so that you get to be well trained under the supervision of Rincey and her team.
We are looking for:
Kind hearted, humble, self-motivated & eager-to-learn, candidates. Ideally a great problem solver who is ahead of his or her game. Loves working in a team environment and is easily able to take design direction and execute them. Easily understands the Rincey Philip Interior’s brand aesthetics and their ideal clientele. Is a natural hard worker and is passionate about design and loves ensuring the smooth execution of the design to completion. Is also a very positive personality who is passionate about impacting the lives of the clients and the team through design and goodwill.
Our Team Culture:
We are a self-motivated team and have a huge heart of service for our clients. We are dedicated to changing the lives of each of our clients. Learning is part of our culture, we dedicate time apart to learn and improve ourselves daily. Being open, free and constantly communicating well is what keeps us together. We are very kind to each other and are always helping each other grow while constantly selflessly supporting each other. The benefit of the team always comes first!
Kindly click the link below and complete this form:
(Applications open until 25th March 2021)