I am thrilled to announce that Rincey Philip Interiors is hiring! After much thought, prayer, and consideration, we have decided to expand our small team of five and link arms with someone who will add value to each other’s lives and our business. Rincey Philip Interiors has grown so much over the past 7 years; we are excited to move forward into the next phase of our business. Now that we are at maximum capacity, we are at the place where the workload is beyond our current ability. We have created the position of a Draftsperson + Project Manager. This is (currently) a part-time position that will convert to a full time position, to help efficiently move our business forward. This position has so much potential to grow and we are eagerly looking forward into the exciting future!
– As a Drafter: You will be involved in working on CAD drawings: Plans, Elevations, Architectural Layouts, Furniture layouts and Furniture shop drawings. Having a minimum of 2 years (excluding college internship time) for the same is a must. 3D design knowledge is definitely a bonus!
– As a Projects Manager: You will not be dealing with CAD drawings all days of the week, so when you aren’t in office or at your home drawing up plans, you will be making sure that the company is on top of all-the-things Projects Management. Being a person who is naturally organized and loves putting all the little details in check is an ideal match for us! You do not have to have experience in Project management, our processes are pretty much mapped out and good-to-go and you may have to mostly manage and improve the ongoing processes. As you know the Interior design and decorating industry has a million moving parts within a project. There are so many details to a project so having a good memory, atmost attention to detail and a fantastic organisational skill, as one of your strongest assets, will help us immensely.
What else do we expect as a pre-requisite?
– Has to be based in Dubai, UAE.
– Has to have their own UAE resident visa.
– A driver’s license and your own vehicle to move around.
– Your own computer loaded with relevant software’s such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop & Microsoft Office (and/or similar software’s to aid in design).
– A great Wi-Fi connection at home.
What can your daily work life look like?
AutoCAD and 3D:
– Working on AutoCAD and possibly 3D renderings.
– Perform site documentation – photos and detailed measurements of layout, elevations, windows and all existing items being utilized in the design.
– Working on excel and BOQ’s: Preparation of detailed BOQ’s to manage project budgets, sourcing of materials and project execution.
-Adhere to and maintain the existing client file system in an organized manner.
– Corresponding with vendors. Receiving and reviewing/comparing proposals and their deliverables by identifying the best fit for our various projects. Coordinating with vendors to ensure that the final deliverables are as per the approved samples and shop drawings. Design direction will be given by Rincey and within the design specifications the same has to be facilitated.
-Review shop drawings and work with vendors and trades to ensure the desired vision.
– Communicate project guidelines and site expectations to vendors and trades. Oversee deliveries and installations for design vision and quality control.
– Oversee purchasing and expediting.
– Create punch list and see project through to completion.
Site inspection & Factory Visits:
– Ensuring that the quality of work assigned to the workers are delivered. This could be overseeing site work on a full day capacity when applicable. Visiting the factory to ensure that the quality of the ongoing manufacturing of the products are within the design specifications and specified quality. Help to analyze and resolve complex, technical design and installation issues at site.
Scheduling, shopping & deliveries:
-Scheduling appointments, scheduling deliveries from vendors, shopping and purchase of selected furniture and accessories (you may not be required to design or source). Collecting and delivering samples to vendors and clients.
Managing Project Process Workflows:
– Making sure the team is on top of each of their tasks to ensure the smooth functioning and completion of projects. Good communication of the same to Rincey Philip is a must. Our process are already well defined, hence you would only need to ensure that the work is progressing well in the right direction.
– Review work and provide performance feedback on what excellence looks like. Provide clear, proactive, direct, frequent communication and interface with team members.
– Conduct monthly one-on-one touch bases and bi-annual reviews with direct reports.
Who is this position not for?
– An aspiring creative designer who wants to design spaces.
– This position is not for someone who does not love numbers in general, is not naturally inclined to be organized and who is not meticulous about details.
We are looking for:
Kind hearted, self-motivated & eager to learn, problem solvers. Has minimum 2 years of experience with CAD drawings. Experienced with Word and Excel. Experienced in the basics of Photoshop. Must not only be organized, but also have a love for organization. Has an eye for good design. Good written and oral communication skills. Fast learner and a lover of all things numbers and technology. Sketchup and 3D rendering experience is a big bonus!
Logistics and Work Timings:
– This is currently a part-time position that will easily become a full time position if you love doing what you are doing with us!
– You will be working either with Rincey in person in studio or online from your home.
– Position to begin as effective immediately, if chosen.
– For 6 months, you may have a 55 hours workweek with timings Saturday to Thursday, 8am – 6:30pm. (Studio is closed on Fridays). We are a more task oriented than hourly oriented company and your timings completely depends on how quick a learner you are and how quickly you can execute your tasks! We only expect you to be available in thosehours for quick communication.
Good to know:
This position is not an internship. We are looking for someone to join our team for at least a year.
Our Team Culture:
We are a self-motivated team and have a huge heart of service for our clients. We are dedicated to changing the lives of each of our clients. Learning is part of our culture, we dedicate time apart to learn and improve ourselves daily. Being open, free and constantly communicating well is what keeps us together. We are very kind to each other and are always helping each other grow while constantly selflessly supporting each other.The benefit of the team always comes first!
Kindly complete this form: https://forms.gle/HKpb48KqBNFzSNQ97
(Applications open until 17th October 2020)